Property Owned by the Mortlock Family in Meldreth

Much of Meldreth was owned by the Mortlock Family in the C19th and C20th.

By Tim Gane

Browse this gallery: Previous | Menu
Photo:The Warren, North End, Meldreth.  Situated on part of Simeon Mortlock's farm, The Warren was owned by and possibly built by John George Mortlock ~1900.

The Warren, North End, Meldreth. Situated on part of Simeon Mortlock's farm, The Warren was owned by and possibly built by John George Mortlock ~1900.

Photo donated to the MLHG by John Gipson.

This page was added by Tim Gane on 11/01/2011.
Comments about this page

Ralph Vaughan Williams, the famous composer & folk song collector rented this property in the summer of 1906, when he came for a summer holiday with his first wife Adeline. He collected many songs from the locality.

By Mary Humphreys
On 16/04/2012