How to Contribute to this Site
This website has been set up by Meldreth Local History Group (MLHG), which is also responsible for administering the site. The initial content was uploaded by Group members, who continue to add material to the site. However, as this is a community website, some material has since been added by contributors worldwide and we hope that anyone with a Meldreth connection or story to tell will continue to add their own pages or comments.
If you have something to share we’d love to hear from you. You can add your words and photographs to this site. You’ll be guided through the process by simple on-screen instructions and it only takes a few minutes. It’s a great way to share your own stories, memories, pictures and research with the rest of the world.
What can you add?
- a page with old photographs of people or places in Meldreth
- memories of your life in Meldreth
- the history of a house in the village
- your Meldreth family history
- a page recording an aspect of the village today
- comments to some of the existing pages
If you have an idea for a new page, or are unsure how to proceed, feel free to contact us for guidance first.
It’s so easy!
- There is no need to register; using our Contribution form makes the process very easy
- Once you’ve completed the form, it will be submitted to one of our Editors for review prior to publishing
- Once the Editor has reviewed your contribution, she/he will contact you if any changes are necessary
- You will be notified by email when your contribution has been published
Terms and conditions
- Meldreth Local History Group is under no obligation to publish any text or photographs submitted to the site
- Text submitted to the site may be sub-edited for the sake of clarity or readability
- Images submitted to the site may be cropped or digitally enhanced (for example, to improve contrast)
- MLHG may reject material on the grounds of copyright infringement, offensiveness or other legal considerations
- MLHG cannot accept contributions of a commercial, marketing or advertising nature. We will, however, accept editorial content from commercial organisations (for example, the memories of a shop-owner).
Do you need any help with the material you’re thinking of adding? Do you need help with writing your story, or help with publishing it on the site? If so, please contact us.