1. John Payne was born in 1786 at Meldreth, Cambridgeshire. He was christened on the 26th of April 1789 in the Holy Trinity Church.
He married Kezia Pepper on the 10th of June 1806 at the Holy Trinity Church.
Kezia Pepper was the daughter of William Pepper and Mary Peters and was born in 1782 at Bassingbourn. She was christened on 22 December 1782 in St Peter and Paul Church, Bassingbourn.
John Payne was a Carpenter.
John Payne [signature Pain] bachelor of the parish married Kezia Pepper spinster of the parish. wits: Joseph Jarman, Wm Hayles, Mary Pepper (Kezia’s sister)
John Payne was a carpenter and he lived with his wife at North End Meldreth for most of his life.
He died of old age and bronchitis on 25 February 1871 at Moor End in Shepreth at his son Frederick’s house and was buried on 28 February 1871 in Holy Trinity churchyard at Meldreth.
Kezia died of old age on 29 July 1866 in Meldreth and was buried on 3 August 1866 in the Holy Trinity churchyard.
They had the following children:
1. William Payne who was born on 14 June 1806 at Meldreth and was christened on the 5th of October 1806.
He married Mary Ann Suby on 31 August 1831 in St Andrew the Less Church, Barnwell, Cambridge.
Mary Ann Suby was from Barrington
William moved with his wife to London from Meldreth in 1842. He died on 24 November 1881 in Hackney, London.
They had seven children:
Lewis Payne born 1833 in Meldreth and died Hackney, London 1855 but was not baptised.
Martha Payne born 1836 in Meldreth and was also not baptised
William Thomas Payne (1839- ) Also not baptised but born in Meldreth.
The remaining children were born in London.
2. Sarah Payne was born on the 14th of September 1809 in Meldreth. She was christened on the 16th of July 1820.
She married James Stamford on the 16th of June 1838 at the Holy Trinity Church.
James Stamford was born on 16th of August 1809 in Meldreth and was christened on the 17th of September 1809 also at the Holy Trinity Church.
Marriage Record: James Stamford (x) of full age, bac, labourer, otp, son of Wm labourer married Sarah Paine (x) of full age, sp, otp, daughter of John Carpenter Wits: Edward Stevens and Edward Hale
They had no children and moved to Fowlmere in about 1855 and lived there until her death in 1881. He died on the 20th of June 1880 in Fowlmere and both are buried at St Mary’s church Fowlmere.
3. John Payne was born on the 16th of December 1811 in Meldreth and was christened on 16 July 1820 in the Holy Trinity Church. He died on 5 March 1836 in Meldreth aged 25 years and was buried on 8 March 1836.
4. Frederick Payne was born on the 31st of January 1816 in Meldreth. He was christened on 16 July 1820 and married Sarah Coppen on the 18 October 1843 at the Holy Trinity Church.
Marriage record: Frederick Payne (x) of full age, bac, labourer, otp, son of John Carpenter married Sarah Coppen (x) of full age, sp, otp daughter of John Labourer. Wits: George Chapman, Mary Payne (Frederick’s sister)
They moved with their daughter Mary sometime around 1850 to Shepreth where he lived and worked until his death on 25 April 1899.
I am descended from Frederick via his son Albert, and his son Saul then his son Peter.
5. Mary Payne was born on the 22nd of December 1817 and christened on the 16th of July 1820 in Meldreth.
She married George Chapman on the 25th of December 1847 at All Saints Church, Shepreth.
She died on the 21st of October 1848 in Shepreth aged 31 years in child birth and was buried on 25 October 1848 at All Saints Church, Shepreth.
6. Martha Payne was born on the 8th of October 1819 and was christened on the 16th of July 1820 at the Holy Trinity Church.
She married George Harrup on the 5th of November 1840 in Holy Trinity Church.
She died on 18 October 1907 in Whitecroft Road, in Meldreth. Her death was registered by her daughter-in-law Isabella Harrup.
George Harrup was born on the 16th of March 1820 and was christened on the 17th of June 1849 at the Holy Trinity Church.
HARROP George (x) full bac lab otp son of William shoemaker
PAIN Martha (x) full sp [blank] otp dau of John carpenter
wits: Lydia (x) HARRUP, Charles (x) HARROP
Martha and George had the following children:
Mary Ann Harrup (1843-1911)
Christened 3 Dec 1843 Melbourn
Married Joseph Pepper 1868
Sarah Harrup (1848)
Married John Pepper 1892 Meldreth
John Edward Harrup (1851-1939)
Christened 17 Aug 1851 Meldreth
Married Susannah Bullen 6 Nov 1873 Melbourn
Naomi Harrup (1854)
Christened 3 Sept 1854 Meldreth
Married John Whitaker 1875 London
Charles Harrup (1857-1949)
Christened 13 Sept 1857 Melbourn
Married Isabella Ward 1880 Meldreth
William Harrup (1860-1934)
Lewis Harrup (1863-1917)
Married Jane Nutting 30 August 1884 Datchworth, Hertfordshire
8. Harriet PAYNE, daughter of John PAYNE and Kezia PEPPER, was born on 15 June 1827 in Meldreth. She was christened on 6 April 1828 in Holy Trinity Church. She married Frederick BRADING in 1857 in Lewisham, Kent. She died on 6 October 1884 in St Olave, Southwark, Surrey.
Harriet PAYNE had the following children born in Meldreth with the father registered on the birth certificates as unknown:
Mary Julia PAYNE (1850) christened 16 Jul 1854 at Holy Trinity Church, Meldreth.