The Parish Room
The Parish Room was located in North End, not far from Holy Trinity Church. It was built by village subscription on land provided at a nominal rent by Christ’s College. The tiles were especially made for it by John George Mortlock.
Inquests were also held there, including one in August 1896 into the death of Frederick Dilley, who was killed in an accident in Meldreth Station goods yard.
By 1942, the Parish Room was a ruin and was demolished just after the war. Beatrice Clay, in 1942, wrote, “It is unprofitable to dwell on the differences which conduced to this neglect and decay of what should have been a very useful building.”