Telephone Installed, September 1954
As recorded in the school log book (see images below) telephone was installed in the school on 15th September 1954. It was used for the first time on 28th September.
School Inspection Report, November 1955
Below is an extract from the Inspector’s report. See the image below from the log book.
The premises are much better than is usual in rural areas and are well kept. The three classrooms have good natural lighting and are of a suitable size and shape; there is adequate cloakroom and sanitary accommodation; the playground is in good condition; there is an attractive garden with a lawn, sand pit, sun dial and flower beds. The spare room is used for various activities and for the service of the school meal, which is taken by about 30 children daily.
The school has passed through a disturbed period in recent years owing to absences through illness of the teachers and changes of staff in the lower class. As a result the quality of the work has suffered, but with the greater stability that has obtained this year standards of work and behaviour have improved.