From Warren's to One Stop
Mr Warren operated a shop and a butchers from one of the two bakehouses in the High Street. The contents of both shops and his house were destroyed in a fire in 1908. In 1936,due to Mr Warren’s ill health, the business was offered for sale.
In the early 1950’s the building was empty for some time. The Leverington family then moved into the premises following a disastrous fire in 1954 when their shop (located at 59 High Street) was burnt down.
Later, the shop was then taken over by Mr and Mrs Salisbury who remained there from 1955 to 1965. When the Salisbury’s left the village the shop was sold to Mr and Mrs Allen.
The Allens made substantial changes to the external appearance of the shop creating a look which survives to the present day.